Winter months can be harsh on our skin, particularly for those who live in cold climates. Not only is it cold outside but we often live with dry heat indoors. Our bodies become starved of moisture and our skin dries out. Here are some tips to help you battle cooler months. Looking your best can certainly lift your spirits and help you beat the winter blahs.
Winter Beauty Tips:
- Moisturize! Moisturize daily. Moisturize your face, your body, and even your hair with extra conditioner. Most people buy a richer moisturizer for the winter months. It can really help!
- Water. Moisturize from the inside out by drinking more water in the winter. Many of us tend to reach for hot drinks in the colder months rather than a bottle or glass of cold water and many hot drinks have caffeine in them and caffeine can leave you dehydrated. (Tip: Drink Chaga Tea. It’s hot, nutritious, and caffeine free. It also offers you a high level of antioxidants and antioxidants are a great way to look and feel great.)
- Get moisture into your bedroom. With the heat on high, many of us spend 8 hours a day in a stuffy room. Add a humidifier, if possible. Even a bowl of water near your heater can help put moisture in the air.
- Exfoliate. Regular exfoliation can help you shed the dryness from your skin. It’ll help regenerate your skin as well, revealing fresher skin.
- Have cooler showers. A hot shower warms us up in the winter time when it’s cold outside but it’s not so great for our skin and will lower our skin’s moisture levels. Lower the temperature a little and you’ll benefit from it. Use moisturizing soap on your body and your face, too.
- Wear gloves or mittens. Being outside in the frigid cold will dry out your hands and by the end of the winter, they might even look older!
- Choose a good lip balm. Dry and cracked winter lips aren’t exactly kissable so make sure you choose a good lip balm. Consider a natural one, so you don’t become addicted. Many women and men find that they become dependent on lip balm for moisture as their lips quickly rely on it. Natural / organic products have a better reputation.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is conducive to looking beautiful and feeling healthy.
- Eat well. Eating well will nourish your skin from the inside out. Plenty of healthy foods, especially those that are well known for great skin and hair will help. High levels of antioxidants are recommended for great looking skin and hair as well as for anti-aging benefits.